Location: Derby, GB
Salary: £ 30k - 40k (dependent on experience)
Job type: Permanent
Mpec Technology is the leading supplier of condition monitoring hardware and software to the UK railway and has helped make Britain's railways safer and more reliable. We get to work with technology as old as mechanical signalling, right through to the latest artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms. Mpec Technology is part of the Tracsis Group (www.tracsis.com) who are a leading international provider of software and services for the planning and management of mass transit operations.
You will be joining our growing team of enterprise software developers to deliver software that receives, stores and analyses data from our condition monitoring hardware. Mpec's Centrix RCM platform processes billions of data events from across the UK and worldwide; providing near real-time monitoring and fault alerting on a variety of railway (and non-railway) assets.
You will be highly competent in current software development technologies. As a member of the enterprise development team you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features as well as collaborating with the team to improve quality. You will be working as part of an agile team, taking part in daily scrums, and being involved in the agile process to plan and estimate upcoming development priorities. The role encompasses continual research and evaluation of new technologies, tools and delivery processes to provide quality and industry leading software, as well as developing and supporting customer relationships.
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field.
- Excellent (English) written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven hands-on Java software development experience.
- Good Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA, Hibernate etc.)
- Familiarity with web concepts such as HTTP, REST, JSON, XML etc.
- Knowledge of version control systems such as Git.
- Comfortable with a Linux command line, SSH, etc.
- Working knowledge of the Spring Framework and/or Spring Boot or similar frameworks.
- Experience with containerization using Docker.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) concepts.
- Any experience with cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Flexible working hours over a 37.5 hour week.
- 25 days leave, plus bank holidays (extendable through long term service scheme).
- Company bicycle scheme.
- Discounted commuter rail travel.
- Discounted leisure rail travel for you and a partner.
- Group bonus scheme.
- Contributory company pension scheme.
- Company funded sports & leisure activities.
- Lunch provided every day.
- IET or BCS professional membership
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES
Applications received from agencies will not be considered and unsolicited calls from agencies are not welcome.
MPEC (and the Tracsis group) are always interested in hearing from any individual with experience in software engineering (desktop, enterprise or embedded) or rail applications/consultancy. If you would be interested in working with us, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.