Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Derby, GB
Salary: £ 30,000 - 40,000
Job type: Permanent
MPEC is the leading supplier of condition monitoring hardware to the UK railway and has helped make Britain’s railways safer and more reliable. We get to work with technology as old as mechanical signalling, right through to the latest artificial intelligence algorithms. Now part of the Tracsis group, we continue to invest heavily in R+D and are looking for someone to join the company who can help deliver new cutting edge embedded hardware and software designs to continue this growth, both at home and abroad.
MPEC is recruiting an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual to join our small team of embedded hardware and software engineers. As Embedded Software Engineer you will contribute to a diverse range of products; from inception, all the way through to release and support; involving all aspects of design, production and testing of embedded hardware and software.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience of software development within a commercial environment, however all candidates with relevant skills and experience are encouraged to apply.
This is a unique opportunity to get into a small, fast growing, high-tech company, getting involved in all aspects of hardware, software and product design. You will have a real influence over our products and get to make a difference to rail passengers all over the world from day one.
- Small company environment, with benefits & growth opportunities from being part of the wider Tracsis group.
- Agile development approach.
- Flexible working hours.
- Cutting-edge technologies.
- Heavy investment in R&D.
- Modern business park location, a few minutes walk from Derby rail station.
- Professional experience of embedded development.
- Graduate with a relevant degree (minimum 2:1) from a respected University
- Strong programming skills.
Desirable technical skills
- Real-time systems
- Embedded hardware design
- PCB design
- Product design using CAD
- Knowledge of agile development practices
- Flexible working hours (37.5 hour week)
- Free lunch
- Company bicycle scheme
- Discounted commuter rail travel
- Discounted leisure rail travel for you and a partner
- Group bonus scheme
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Company funded sports & leisure activities
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (long term service award scheme also available)
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES
Applications received from agencies will not be considered and unsolicited calls from agencies are not welcome.