Graduate/Junior Enterprise Software Developer
Location: Derby, GB
Salary: £ 18,000 - 25,000
Job type: Permanent
Tracsis Condition Monitoring (MPEC Technology Ltd) provides end-to-end solutions for monitoring critical infrastructure assets in real time, to identify problems and aid with preventative maintenance.
Through continued development of bespoke hardware and software products, MPEC has become a leading supplier of condition monitoring systems to the UK railway and has helped make Britain's railways safer and more reliable.
We are looking for a bright, self-motivated developer to join a small enterprise software development team. In addition to utilising and extending your experience in Java development, you will be encouraged to develop your skills in new and upcoming technologies including; Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Hazelcast & Typescript.
This is a unique opportunity to get into a small, fast growing technology company. As a developer in a small company, you will not only be making a real difference to rail passengers all over the world, you will have the opportunity to help steer current and long-term software development within the business.
- Small company environment, with benefits & growth opportunities from being part of the wider Tracsis group.
- Agile development approach.
- Flexible working hours.
- Cutting-edge technologies.
- Heavy investment in R&D.
- Modern business park location, a few minutes walk from Derby rail station.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Developing and delivery of high quality software.
- Working as part of a team, providing support to other team members where necessary.
- Analysis of product requirements.
- A keen interest in software development and an aptitude for modelling complex problem domains.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Experience in object-oriented development and design patterns.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter who is organised, a quick learner and team oriented.
- Experience of Java frameworks, particularly Spring/Spring Boot.
- Experience of ORM technologies such as Hibernate/JPA.
- Experience of UI standards and graphical interface design.
- Experience of version control and continuous integration.
- Experience of unit testing such as jUnit and jMock.
- Flexible working hours (37.5 hour week)
- Free lunch
- Company bicycle scheme
- Discounted commuter rail travel
- Discounted leisure rail travel for you and a partner
- Group bonus scheme
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Company funded sports & leisure activities
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (long term service award scheme also available)
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES
Applications received from agencies will not be considered and unsolicited calls from agencies are not welcome.