Junior / Graduate Web Application Developer
Reference ID: Tracsis- MPEC
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20k - £28k per year
Additonal pay: Yearly bonus
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Education: Bachelor's (preferred)
Work remotely: Mixed
MPEC Technology (www.mpec.co.uk) is the leading supplier of condition monitoring hardware and software to the UK railway and has helped make Britain’s railways safer and more reliable. We get to work with technology as old as mechanical signalling, right through to the latest artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms. MPEC Technology has been part of the Tracsis Group (www.tracsis.com) since 2011.
The Role of Junior / Graduate Web Application Developer
You will be joining our growing team of enterprise software developers to deliver the Centrix web application which receives, analyses and presents data from our IOT devices. This platform processes billions of data events from across the UK and worldwide; providing near real-time monitoring and fault alerting for a variety of railway assets.
As a member of the enterprise development team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing new features, collaborating as part of an agile team.
Successful candidates are expected be eager to learn and will be given the support and mentorship required to achieve technical excellence.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar field.
- Excellent (English) written and verbal communication skills.
- Object-Oriented Development e.g. JAVA.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, e.g. SQL.
- Familiarity with Spring Framework and/or Spring Boot.
- Web concepts such as HTTP, REST, JSON.
- Experience with frontend development
- Understanding of version control systems e.g. Git.
- MPEC operate a flexible working policy that strives to offer a healthy work-life balance whilst also meeting the need to bring people together to build a shared company culture, provide quality mentorship and develop a mutual understanding of our strategic goals.
- As such remote working is supported, however periodic travel into our Derby based office is required.
- Flexible working hours over a 37.5 hour week.
- Generous group bonus scheme.
- 25 days leave, plus bank holidays (extendable through long term service scheme).
- Discounted commuter rail travel.
- Discounted leisure rail travel for you and a partner.
- Complimentary lunch provided every day.
- Company funded sports & leisure activities.
- Company cycle scheme.
- IET or BCS professional membership
All applicants must be eligible to live and work within the UK, ideally within commutable travel distance of our Pride Park offices in Derby.
If working for Tracsis sounds like the great career move you want, we look forward to receiving your CV and having an initial conversation. We welcome CVs from all members of the community. Tracsis are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community.
Pleae send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
GDPR Privacy Notice
During the recruitment process, Tracsis collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. Tracsis is committed to being clear and transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations. We will use this information for progressing applications in view of offering employment, assessing your suitability, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. We will not share any of your information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
Applications received from agencies will not be considered and unsolicited calls from agencies are not welcome.
MPEC (and the Tracsis group) are always interested in hearing from any individual with experience in software engineering (desktop, enterprise or embedded) or rail applications/consultancy. If you would be interested in working with us, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.