Full Stack Developer (Java)
£ 26k - 32k (dependent on experience)
MPEC Technology is the leading supplier of condition monitoring hardware and software to the UK railway and
has helped make Britain’s railways safer and more reliable. We get to work with technology as old as
mechanical signalling, right through to the latest artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms.
As a core part of the business, the enterprise development team delivers software that receives, stores and
analyses data from our condition monitoring hardware. The Centrix RCM platform processes billions of data
events from across the UK, Europe and North America; providing near real-time monitoring and fault alerting
on a variety of railway (and non-railway) assets.
You will be highly competent in current software development technologies, responsible for completing
development items as a member of the enterprise development team. You will be working as part of an agile
team, and be offered mentoring from more senior members, taking an active role in the agile environment and
daily scrums. The role encompasses continual research and evaluation of new technologies, tools and delivery
processes to provide quality and industry leading software, as well as developing and supporting customer
- Deliver enterprise software products to a high quality, aligned with business strategy and to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Working as part of the agile team to refine user stories, provide work estimates, and weigh up alternatives and recommend solutions.
- Explaining technical solutions and concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintain and develop relationships with key customers to strengthen our network of product ambassadors.
Essential skills and qualities
- A passion for software development and delivery, with careful attention to detail.
- Solid technical skills, with experience in developing software using Java, Spring Framework / Spring Boot, Hibernate / JPA and MySQL.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as Subversion and Git.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the business.
Any experience with following skills will be considered favourably:
- Linux platform
- Cloud platforms such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud or Microsoft Azure
- Docker containerisation
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Message queue technologies such as AMQP, RabbitMQ
- Flexible working hours over a 37.5 hour week
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (long term service award scheme also available)
- Lunch provided every day
- Company bicycle scheme
- Discounted commuter rail travel
- Discounted leisure rail travel for you and a partner
- Group bonus scheme
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Company funded sports & leisure activities
- IET or BCS membership
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to
ABSOLUTELY NO AGENCIES
Applications received from agencies will not be considered and unsolicited calls from agencies are not welcome.